viernes, 31 de mayo de 2019

Gender and stereotype



Ok, hiiss... Gender and stereotypes, first of all, I talking about tha clothing (yas, it's a subject that I still do not let go). What is gender? Is a question easy to answer, the gender is only a social construction, so... if the gender doesn't exist in the body of people (becouse is a social construction), why the clothing can? Just like colors, shapes, seams or extravagances it doesn't belong to anyone. So, I can use extravagant clothes, clown clothes or whatever I want, and that would not mean anything.

The clothing more than meaning something, it is a creative way to express yourself  (I really enjoy fashion) where can we to combine colours, and be originals. I dont want to exaggerate, but is very entertaining play whit the clothing and choose what you can wear.

I remember when I was a high school, I used to go see clothes at the fair with a friend after school. None had money, but we had a lot of fun. I remember we loved men clothing, because it is was more comfortable than women clothing, more variables in their colors, and prints or phrases were more attractive. Instead tha woman clothing it is was more adjusted and shiny and... EW, I hated that (but my mom is old fashioned, so I used diva lenses, a little girl whit diva lenses).

Ohh, I remember too when parents of Angeles ( a friend of the high school) they got angry with her becouse she did not like to wear brassieres. I didn't understand why her parent were so angry, until her mom told me ''ok, but when you have a husband...''.

I insist, another stupid stereotype.







No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario